[Beowulf] Young novice with a tight pocket book

stuffnstuff stuffnstuff7 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 14:09:25 EDT 2005

I use my computer for massive rendering jobs regularily and wish there were
ways of giving it more speed. I am strongly considering putting togethor a
cluster, but I don't know the basic requirements. I have read several guides
on building a cluster, but none of them seem to give the software and
connection requirements.
 Until I am corrected, I will be under the impression that I can run a
cluster with a master node using XP Home and sub-nodes using Windows 98. Do
I need to buy a new operating system? What do I need to physically connect
the computers. If I can conjure up a few old computers that would barely be
worth selling, is it worth building a cluster? How do I physically do all
this?
 Sorry for being ill informed...