[Beowulf] load-balancing parallel direct solver

Toon Knapen toon.knapen at fft.be
Fri Apr 29 03:00:53 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I'm playing around with a parallel direct (schur-complement) solver and
now I'm trying to distribute my finite elements over the different
processes to obtain a good load-balance (for the local factorization)
while minimising the interface between the different FE domains (which
determine the schur complement).

Do any of you have experience with generating a load-balanced
distribution for direct solvers or can provide me with references to
papers, I would greatly appreciate it?

toon