[Beowulf] Cell

Lombard, David N david.n.lombard at intel.com
Wed Apr 27 19:20:42 EDT 2005

From: Vincent Diepeveen on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 2:39 PM

>A raid5 array of 2 terabyte costs like $2000-$3000 and it can deliver
>400-600MB/s i/o hands down when attached to a single machine. So if you
>make the 1 tflop processor, there is no need to worry!

RAID-5?  Cached perhaps, but where is that useful?  For uncached, I've
only seen this on RAID-0 with independent PCI-X channels, multiple
controllers, and 12 drives.  So, if you have an alternative, I'm
listening!

--
David N. Lombard

My comments represent my opinions, not those of Intel Corporation.