[Beowulf] I wanna know the performance difference between Intel Nocona and AMD Opteron

Henry_Xu at Dell.com Henry_Xu at Dell.com
Tue Apr 5 08:12:18 EDT 2005

Hello,

A friend of mine want to set up 32-node beowulf HPCC cluster. He has two
hardware platform to choose. One is Intel nocona , the other is AMD
Opteron.

Can anybody send me some articles related to :

1. performance difference between those two platforms on 32-bit
computing;
2. performance difference between those two platforms on 64-bit
computing;

I'd like to get some hints from you. Thanks in advance!

Henry