[Beowulf] MPI-2 communication performance on gigabit clusters

Sarah Webster sarahw at cse.unsw.edu.au
Fri Apr 1 02:27:43 EST 2005

I am a research student investigating MPI-2 communication primitives
performance on commodity clusters. I've been looking for
information/advice on how programs that run on gigabit clusters are
penalised by the slow communication infrastructure, and ways to avoid this
penalty. I've seen similar work using the infiniband and myrinet
networking technologies. In particular I'm looking at one-sided

Any advice on where I can find information/statistics on the performance
of mpich2 or LAM MPI one-sided communication primitives?