[Beowulf] OS for 64 bit AMD

Toon Moene toon at moene.indiv.nluug.nl
Sun Apr 3 16:10:27 EDT 2005

Greg Lindahl wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 09:50:39PM -0800, David Kewley wrote:
>>I bet you're really looking forward to working with gcc-4.0, which is on track
>>to be the gcc that is shipped with FC4 in June. :)
> gcc-4.0 has the same front-ends as gcc-3.4,

Nope.  gcc-4.0 won't have g77 (it's close to impossible to upgrade that
front end to the new Tree-SSA infrastructure) and it will have the new -
and extremely dangerous :-) - gfortran, a Fortran 95 wannabe front end.

Hope this helps,

Toon Moene - e-mail: toon at moene.indiv.nluug.nl - phone: +31 346 214290
A maintainer of GNU Fortran 95: http://gcc.gnu.org/fortran/
News on GNU Fortran 95: http://gfortran.org/