[Beowulf] Re: building a new cluster

SC Huang schuang21 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 11 00:50:42 EDT 2004

I have finished a few more benchmark runs of our MPI code on a number
of clusters, including our current clusters, and those provided by a
number of vendors. The results were posted in

Any suggestions or observations are very welcome. Thanks to many
useful/insightful suggestions I received here, hopefully we will make a
decision soon to order our future cluster. (Thank you very much!)

For those who are interested, the MPI/fortran code mainly involves the
following floating-point operations:

(1) finite difference calculation of 3D partial differential equations
(2) FFT/multigrid method to solve a 3D Poisson equation

SC Huang

Do You Yahoo!?
Beowulf mailing list, Beowulf at beowulf.org