[Beowulf] Question about v9fs_wire

hanzl at noel.feld.cvut.cz hanzl at noel.feld.cvut.cz
Sun Oct 24 04:35:49 EDT 2004

> Getting a kmod: failed to exec /sbin/mdprobe ..... v9fs_wire
> errorno=2, "Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer..."
> Couldn't find much info on v9fs_wire, can someone help.
> Using RedHat Linux 9 with ClusterMatic 4. Booting the node (just one
> test node for now) straight from the CD.

I guess you could just disable the corresponding kernel module in the
config file.

My knowledge is not quite up-to-date but I know they (Clustermatic
team, Ron Minnich in particular) did interesting experiments with
Plan-9-like filesystem which could export filesystems and create
private namespaces on per-user basis. Then they did not pay too much
attention to this for some time; I do not know the current status.

You might get more details on the bproc list:

HTH

Vaclav Hanzl