[Beowulf] parallel sparse linear solver choice?

JOHNSON,PAUL C redboots at ufl.edu
Thu Oct 21 16:19:45 EDT 2004

All:

I was wondering whats your choice for a parallel sparse linear
solver?  I have a beowulf cluster(~4 nodes, ok really small I
know) connected at 100Mbps.  The computers are P4 2.2GHz with 1Gb
ram.  The matrices are formed by a finite element program.  They
are sparse, square, symmetric, and I would like to solve problems
with more than 200000 columns.  Which of the solvers is easiest to
set up and utilize?   One problem I am trying to solve is 156,240
x 156,240 with 6,023,241 non-zero entries.

Thanks for any help,
Paul

--
JOHNSON,PAUL C