[Beowulf] Register article on Opteron - disagree

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Mon Nov 22 12:12:07 EST 2004

Greg Lindahl wrote:

>>arrg!  as irritating as the article is (in it's misleadingness),
>>it *is* true that AMD is not doing a good job of marketing the Opteron.
>>

>Great, now we can look forward to years and years of discussions about
>AMD's marketing, just like Amiga, Digital's Alpha business, etc! I
>can't wait!

When I was shopping for a good SMP box, my first impulse was to get an
Alpha.

I contacted a company and the quote I got was $11,000 -- Everything that
was not the mobo and CPUs made up only $1,000 of that figure. I
eventually put togeather a dual athlon and the bones only cost me $600.

=(

I love the Alpha!