[Beowulf] Re: Beowulf Digest, Vol 9, Issue 12

Håkon Bugge Hakon.Bugge at scali.com
Fri Nov 12 16:04:07 EST 2004

At 08:29 PM 11/12/04, Chris Sideroff  wrote:
>    As a side note, since my original post about this the Nov 2004 Top500
>has come out.  I did not realize the dominance that myrinet has on the
>list - #1 with 38.6% share - while no other proprietary high-speed
>interconnect is even close.

I know of systems on previous lists which are listed as Myrinet systems,
but are actually only running Gbe. This might stem from the fact that some
vendors would like to get as many system listed as possible. When they have
benchmarked and submitted an N-node cluster with Myrinet, it is very
tempting to submit another N-node cluster using the same node hardware;-).

   *
Hakon (Hakon.Bugge _ AT_ scali.com)