[Beowulf] how useful is bproc, and what does Scyld cost?

Andrew Piskorski atp at piskorski.com
Wed May 26 11:45:57 EDT 2004

On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 08:14:25AM -0700, Keith Murphy wrote:
> I believe that Linux Labs www.linuxlabs.com has a bproc distro called
> Nimbus.

Ah, and they claim to support both Debian and Red Hat.  Thanks!  Has
anyone here used Nimbus?  Any comments or lessons learned?

Hm, those are also the same folks offering "Clusgres", a clever
sonding hack to run PostgreSQL on a cluster using SCI, which I
commented on elsewhere back in Feb.:

Unfortunatley the same complaint I had then still applies, they just
plain don't have all that much real info on their website.  But,
Nimbus does sound promising, so I'll contact them.

Andrew Piskorski <atp at piskorski.com>