[Beowulf] Re: scyld and jaguar

Michael Will mwill at penguincomputing.com
Mon Mar 22 12:20:47 EST 2004

Hi,

I saw your email on the beowulf list, and have a few comments:

1. MPICH on Scyld does not require rsh or ssh but rather it will take
advantage of the bproc features of Scyld to achieve the same faster.

2. If your fortran programs work fine, so should the c programs. Unless you
have an executable that is statically linked with its own mpich
implementation. You can test that by using 'ldd' on the executable, it will
list which libraries it is loading. If there are no mpich libs mentioned, you
might have a statically linked program.

Let me know how it goes.

Michael Will
--
Michael Will, Linux Sales Engineer
NEWS: We have moved to a larger iceberg :-)