[Beowulf] Give an application to PARALLELIZE

Jim Lux James.P.Lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Mar 22 12:33:15 EST 2004

At 08:34 AM 3/19/2004 -0800, HARINARAYANA G wrote:
>Dear friends,
>
>Please give me a very good application which uses
>pda(algorithms) and MPI to the maximum extent and
>which is POSSIBLE to do in 2 months(It's OK even if
>you have done it already, just send the NAME of the
>topic and the problem requirements).
>
>     I am doing my Bachelor of Engineering in Comp.
>Science at RNSIT,Bangalore,INDIA.
>
>      I am with a team of 4 people.
>
>With regards,
>Sivaram.

A couple issues back of IEEE Proceedings, there were several papers
describing doing acoustic source localization with a bunch of iPAQs.  I
don't know if they were doing MPI for node/node communication, but there's
fairly extensive literature out there, and the papers describe the
algorithms used.

James Lux, P.E.
Spacecraft Telecommunications Section
4800 Oak Grove Drive