[Beowulf] manageable, nonblocking 24 port gigabit switch

Alex Martin a.j.martin at qmul.ac.uk
Wed Mar 17 05:09:28 EST 2004

On Tuesday 16 March 2004 7:12 pm, Ted Sariyski wrote:
> Hi,
> I am about to configure a 16 node dual xeon cluster based on Supermicro
> X5DPA-TGM motherboard. The cluster may grow so I am looking for a
> manageable, nonblocking 24 or 32 port gigabit switch. Any comments or
> recommendations will be highly appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Ted

You might want to look at the HP ProCurve 2824 or 2848 series.  We choose the
latter, because it means we only need one switch per (logical) rack and the
cost/port is pretty low. I can't yet comment on performance.

cheers,
Alex

|  Dr. Alex Martin                                                           |
|  e-Mail:   a.j.martin at qmul.ac.uk        Queen Mary, University of London,  |
|  Phone :   +44-(0)20-7882-5033          Mile End Road,                     |
|  Fax   :   +44-(0)20-8981-9465          London, UK   E1 4NS                |