[Beowulf] Flashmob Supercomputer

Peter Pacheco peter at cs.usfca.edu
Sun Mar 14 13:57:22 EST 2004

The University of San Francisco is sponsoring the first FlashMob Supercomputer
on

   - Saturday, April 3, from 8 am to 6 pm,

in the

   - Koret Center of the University of San Francisco.

We're planning to network 1200-1400 laptops with Myrinet and Foundry
Switches.  We'll be running High-Performance Linpack, and we're hoping
to achieve 600 GFLOPS, which is faster than some of the Top500 fastest
supercomputers.

We need volunteers to

   - Bring their laptops:  Pentium III or IV or AMD, minimum requirements
     1.3 GHz with 256 MBytes of RAM
   - Be table captains:  help people set up laptops before running the
     benchmark
   - Speak on subjects related to high-performance computing

For further information, please visit our website

   http://flashmobcomputing.org

Peter Pacheco
Department of Computer Science
University of San Francisco