[Beowulf] Cluster Uplink via Wireless

Jim Lux James.P.Lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Mar 12 19:29:41 EST 2004

At 06:04 PM 3/12/2004 -0500, Mark Hahn wrote:
> > Say you get that wireless link really humming at 20 Mbps real data
> > rate.  Transferring 16,000 Mbit is still going to take 10-15 minutes.
>
>out of truely morbid curiosity, what's the latency like?

I'll have some numbers next week.  The configuration is sort of weird..

diskless node booting w/PXE
D-Link Wireless AP in multi AP connect mode
over the air
D-Link wireless AP in multi AP connect mode
network w/NFS and DHCP server

The D-Link boxes try to be smart and not push packets across the air link
that are for MACs they know are on the wired side, and that whole process
is "tricky"...

James Lux, P.E.
Spacecraft Telecommunications Section
4800 Oak Grove Drive