[Beowulf] Cluster school project

Daniel Williams ddw at dreamscape.com
Wed Mar 10 20:36:13 EST 2004

> From: "Maikel Punie" <beowulf at studio26.be>
> Subject: RE: [Beowulf] Cluster school project
> Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 18:45:47 +0100

[snip...]

>>Do you mean a computing/programming project could you do,
>>like calculating pi to some large number of digits?
>
>yeah something like that, i realy have no idea what is possible.
>if there are any suggestions, they are always welcome.

Here's what I want to do once I get enough junk 500mhz machines together:
	Make a model of the spread of genetic diseases in a population of a few
hundred million.  I've been wanting to do that for years, but it would
probably take a few months to run on any single machine I own.  I figure it
should run in a few weeks as soon as I get a 16 node cluster together to run it.
	Is that something you could maybe use?

DDW