[Beowulf] How to choose an UPS for a Beowulf cluster

Paulo Silva paulojjs at bragatel.pt
Tue Mar 9 04:15:05 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm building a small Beowulf cluster for HPC (about 16 nodes) and I need
some advices on choosing the right UPS. The UPS should be able to signal
the central node when the battery reaches some level (I think this is
common usage) and it should be able to turn itself off before running
out of battery (I was told that this extends the life of the battery).
10 minutes of runtime sould be enough. I was looking in the APC site but
I was rather confused by all the models available. Can anyone give me
some advice on the type of device to choose?

Thanks for any tip
--
Paulo Jorge Jesus Silva
perl -we 'print "paulojjs".reverse "\ntp.letagarb@"'

If a guru falls in the forest with no one to hear him, was he really a
guru at all?
-- Strange de Jim, "The Metasexuals"