[Beowulf] Relation between Marvell Yukon Controller and SysKonnect GbE Adapters

Yiyang Sun sunyy_2004 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 8 11:33:18 EST 2004

Hi, Beowulf users,

We're going to setup a small cluster. The motherboard we ordered is
the newly released Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000-G which integrates Marvell's
Yukon 8001 GbE Controller. I tried to find the Linux driver for this
on Google and was directed to SysKonnect's website

which provides a driver for Marvell Yukon/SysKonnect SK-98xx Gigabit
Ethernet Adapters.
However, there is no explicit indication on this website that SysKonnect's
adapters use
Marvell's chips. Does any here have experience using Marvell's controllers?
Is it easy to install Yukon 8001 on Linux? Thanks!

Get MSN Hotmail alerts on your mobile.