[Beowulf] good 24 port gige switch

Lars Henriksen lars at meshtechnologies.com
Sat Mar 6 04:55:22 EST 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 23:27, Russell Nordquist wrote:
> Does anyone have a recommendation for a good 24 port gige switch for
> clustering?

> Has anyone tested/used the HP, Asante, Foundry, 3com, or Extreme switches
> and found one to be better than the other. There are a bunch of 24 port
> gige switches for <$2000, but are they any good? are some better than
> others (likely so i'd guess)?

We mostly use HP2724's for this size of clusters. We have found them to
perform ok and they are stable under heavy load - and they are priced at
around $2000 (in Denmark, that is, might be cheaper in the US)

best regards
Lars
--
Lars Henriksen                  | MESH-Technologies A/S
Systems Manager & Consultant    | Lille Gråbrødrestræde 1