[Beowulf] mpich program segfaults

Andrew Wang andrewxwang at yahoo.com.tw
Fri Mar 5 20:04:33 EST 2004

It's not your code, I think there is a compiler flag
to not allocate variables from the stack, but I need
to look at the XLF manuals again.

BTW, there are several OSX settings that you can do to
tune the performance of your fortran on the G5. I said
fortran since it has to do with the hardware
prefetching on the Power4 and the G5, if you have c
programs with a lot of vector computation, you can set
those too.

 --- Glen Kaukola
> >the default stack size on OSX is 512 KB, try to
> >increase it to 64MB, I encountered this problem
> >before.
> Yep, that did the trick. Thanks a bunch!
> I'm wondering though, does this indicate there's
> some sort of problem
> with the code?
> Glen

每天都 Yahoo!奇摩