[Beowulf] good 24 port gige switch

Russell Nordquist rdn at uchicago.edu
Fri Mar 5 18:27:34 EST 2004

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good 24 port gige switch for
clustering? I know this issue has been discussed, but I didn't find any
actual manufacturer/models people like. Were not really looking at the
very high end models from Cisco, but I am wary of the many low end
switches on the market with regard to bisectional bandwidth issues.

Has anyone tested/used the HP, Asante, Foundry, 3com, or Extreme switches
and found one to be better than the other. There are a bunch of 24 port
gige switches for <$2000, but are they any good? are some better than
others (likely so i'd guess)?

thanks and have a good weekend.
russell

Russell Nordquist