[Beowulf] bonding and bandwidth

Michael T. Prinkey mprinkey at aeolusresearch.com
Tue Jun 8 12:06:09 EDT 2004

Hi Jean-Marc,

What nics are you using? (if onboard, what motherboard?)  Are the nics on
separate PCI buses?  Are the PCI bus(es) 32- or 64-bit?  Are they running
at 33 or 66 MHz or faster?  Have you tried using the tg3 driver instead?

Depending on driver and PCI bus issues, your throughput can be limited by
PCI bus.  Also, I think that some of the gigabit ethernet drivers have
problems with bonding due to the interrupt grouping or some such.

Quick googling found this:

It seems to be a known problem.

Mike Prinkey
Aeolus Research, Inc.