[Beowulf] About Beowulf in general

Jack C jack at crepinc.com
Thu Jul 22 14:36:05 EDT 2004

Hello all,

I have been using linux for a while, and decided it quite time to check out
beowulf. So I've read the FAQ, and ALL of the sites therein. I havent
comprehended it all completely yet, but it seems to me that beowulf is simply
a name for a certain configuration of a bunch of different packages. Is that
correct? In all of the setups and how-to's, they talk about networking, nfs,
pvm, things like that, and I don't recal a "beowulf source" or package. So,
my question is, why does this particular configuration have such a nice name?

Thanks, and sorry if I've overlooked something,

-Jack C