[Beowulf] EM64T Clusters

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pathscale.com
Thu Jul 15 16:07:52 EDT 2004

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 12:52:35PM +0100, Tim Cooke wrote:

> I am The Business Development Manager at Viglen in the UK. Has anyone out
> there built an EM64T cluster yet.

The only big EM64T cluster I can name off the top of my head is the
one that Linux Networx is installing at the (US) Army Research Lab
in Maryland.

It's definitely an _interesting_ process -- we can't get ours to boot,
and we can't get a PCI Express video card to try to diagnose it.
That's something you can't buy at Fry's.

As far as compilers, the AMD64 version of gcc only needs one tweak to
avoid the instruction that Intel screwed up. Intel's compiler is in a
non-public beta at the moment. And as for our compiler, we hope to
support EM64T at production quality in another 4 weeks.

-- greg