[Beowulf] Q: Cooling units? Raised floors? General machine room stuff..

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Fri Jul 2 10:32:43 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, Robert G. Brown wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, Jim Lux wrote:
> cable to keep your ears warm, exclude room noise (likely considerable),
> and let you listen to that 20 GB ogg collection we know that you've got
> squirrelled away somewhere while working...;-)
Great idea.
I've been working in front of a 46-node dual Xeon cluster for the
last couple of days. The noise is getting to me.

> A phone.  One with a really loud ringer or even a blinking light ringer,
> if your AC is as loud as ours.
Agreed - I missed a call earlier, and my mobile was in my pocket.

> He says as he prepares to descend into the bowels of the physics
> department to work in OUR cluster/server room... sigh.  Comfort is key.

Of course, if outfitting the ultimate server room,
the 19inch rack mount fridge is high on the list

And I'm sure you can spare 4U for the wine rack