[Beowulf] HVAC and room cooling...

Pfenniger Daniel daniel.pfenniger at obs.unige.ch
Sat Jan 31 16:59:26 EST 2004

Per Lindstrom wrote:
> ATTENTION!
>
> Liquid Nitrogen is deadly dangerous as it will shut off the breathing
> function of the human body when the Oxygen content falls below 19.5 %
> and thereby causing suffocation.

Yeah sure, this remind me the joke about dihydrogen oxyd (H2O) deadly
dangerous when inhaled in too large quantities.
The quoted 19.5% are probably referring to the human body (blood?)
concentration, not the inhaled air.  Otherwise most of the people in
pubs or small rooms would rapidly die as the normal O2 concentration
in air is 20%.

Note that in the responded message John was confusing N2 and NO2.

	Dan