[Beowulf] How do vendors win you over?
Brent M. Clements
bclem at rice.edu
Sat Jan 31 13:38:26 EST 2004
In addition to our beowulf standards that we are working on, I'm
streamlining our research and purchasing process of vendors for beowulf
clusters within IT.
1. What are the qualities in vendors that you look for.
2. What requirements of a vendor do you require before you make a
3. Would you go with a relatively new company? If so, what would make you
choose them over someone who is more knowledgeble about clusters or who
been in the computer business for a good number of years.
4. What type of support options do you all require. Do you just require
warranty support or do you require full support(software and hardware,
patches, etc etc)
5. Finally, what is the number one thing that always sways your vote
towards a particular vendor?
Beowulf mailing list, Beowulf at beowulf.org
To change your subscription (digest mode or unsubscribe) visit http://www.beowulf.org/mailman/listinfo/beowulf
More information about the Beowulf