[Beowulf] HVAC and room cooling...

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Sat Jan 31 08:40:01 EST 2004

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004, A.J. Rossini wrote:

> John Bushnell <bushnell at chem.ucsb.edu> writes:
>
> > (So many watts) times 'x' equals how many "tons" of AC.  Multiply
> > by at least two of course ;-)
>
> Or 3, sigh...

I should have posted this in the earlier reply, sorry -- 3500 watts/ton,
within a watt or four.  From the sound of it, you need at least one ton,
but probably not over two.

BTW, I should have said, but consider talking to an architect or HVAC
engineer.  They are professionals, after all...:-)

> I'm looking for the proverbial vent-free A/C.  Sort of like
> frictionless tables and similar devices I recall from undergraduate
> physics...

Hahahahahaha... (ROTFL).

Send me one if you find it.  Then I can build my perpetual motion heat
engine.

   rgb

> Thanks for the comments!
>
> best,
> -tony

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu