[Beowulf] HVAC and room cooling...

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Fri Jan 30 19:27:59 EST 2004

I'm trying to do an HVAC analysis of a small beowulf cluster (12 dual
athlon or opteron machines).

Can anyone suggest where I might look to find information for this?

Also, does anyone have any brilliant thoughts for cooling an internal
room that can't affordably get chilled water?  (I've been suggesting
to people that it isn't possible, but someone brought up "portable
liquid nitrogen" -- for the room, NOT for overclocking -- I'm trying
to get stable systems, not instability :-).

best,
-tony

--
rossini at u.washington.edu            http://www.analytics.washington.edu/
Biomedical and Health Informatics   University of Washington

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments may be
confidential and privileged. If you received this message in error,
please destroy it and notify the sender. Thank you.