[Beowulf] C vs C++ challenge (awk version)

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Fri Jan 30 16:31:18 EST 2004

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004, Joe Landman wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 11:37, Robert G. Brown wrote:
>
> > Note that dwc finds 67505 "distinct words".  This is very interesting,
>
> This is what I find in the Perl version as well.  I wish I could get
> that Java code compiling on this platform so I could compare the two.

It might also be worthwhile to look at the list of words it produces to
see what it is counting as a word.  As I said, even my version where I'm
controlling the split into words contains lots of non-words.

Of course, I could have a bug in my code, as well:-)

   rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu