[Beowulf] Virginia Tech upgrade

Douglas Eadline, Cluster World Magazine deadline at linux-mag.com
Wed Jan 28 17:59:37 EST 2004

The first thought I had was "what will they do with all the old systems?"

Then it hit me. They put a fancy sticker on each box that says
"This machine was part of the third fastest supercomputer on the planet
Nov. 2003" or something similar. Also put a serial number on the tag and
provide a "certificate of authenticity" from VT. My guess is they can make
a little bit on the whole deal. I wager they would sell rather quickly.
Alumni eat this kind of thing up.

For those interested, my old www.cluster-rant.com site has morphed into
the new www.clusterworld.com site. You can check out issue contents,
submit stories, check out the polls, and rant about clusters.

Doug

Editor-in-chief                   ClusterWorld Magazine