[Beowulf] MPI_File experience???

Kumaran Rajaram kums at mpi-softtech.com
Sun Jan 25 13:23:00 EST 2004

Ambrose,

    If your application is such that only root process performs file
I/O and distributes raw data/ aggregates processed data to/from
other processes, its recommended to shift to the MPI-2 model and use
MPI-IO interface to perform file I/O. In order to gain performance from
the MPI-IO non-blocking I/O interface, the middleware/implementation needs
to as well have a good asynchronous model. Please read the following for
more info:

http://www.mpi-softtech.com/company/publications/files/Mercutio.pdf

  You should be able to find sample MPI-IO codes and other information in
the following website:

http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/pario/

Hope this helps.

Cheers,