[Beowulf] SGE vs LSF vs PBS...

Andrew Wang andrewxwang at yahoo.com.tw
Fri Jan 23 23:09:59 EST 2004

I almost forgot, Platform Computing is willing to cut
the price of LSF, what used to be $1000 is now $50 per
CPU.

I think you might want to stay with LSF if your admin
likes it, since switching means new trainings, service
intereptions, and user complains. You can get that
discount provided that you are from an edu site and
buy enough.

http://www.bohnsack.com/lists/archives/xcat-user/2104.html

I believe they will cut the price even more when SGE
6.0 comes out later this year, or SPBS gets more
popular.

This is good news since we will benefit.

Andrew.

> But we can't afford that kind of license
> pricing.

每天都 Yahoo!奇摩
海的顏色、風的氣息、愛你的溫度,盡在信紙底圖
http://tw.promo.yahoo.com/mail_premium/stationery.html