[Beowulf] Which is better GNU C or JAVA (for network programing)

Alan Ward i Koeck award at correu.andorra.ad
Tue Jan 20 09:16:19 EST 2004

Well, my own preference goes to Python, which

- has a syntax I prefer a lot over C
- while being an interpreted language, manages to be reasonably speedy,
unlike Java
- has a fair amount of predefined library objects you can use to access
POSIX system routines

but I do recognize that low-level stuff definately should be
coded in C. Now, as to just what "low-level" means ...

Best regards,
Alan Ward

"Robert G. Brown" wrote:
(snip)

> Let it be Jihad, then.
>
> The answer technically is "it depends".  This is to make the vast horde
> of java programmers feel loved, and to acknowledge that for writing web
> applications their primary scripting language (like perl, python and
> many another before it) has a purpose in God's world.
>
> There.  Let us bask for a moment in the serenity of our knowledge that
> we have the complete freedom to choose, and that there are no wrong
> answers.
>
> Now we can give the correct answer, which is "C".
(snip)