[Beowulf] NEDD OPENPBS HELP

Andrew Wang andrewxwang at yahoo.com.tw
Sat Jan 17 08:33:07 EST 2004

OpenPBS is dead, a lot of the bugs are not fixed.

If you go to the "OpenPBS vs. PBS Pro Comparison" page
on www.openpbs.org, it says:

"OpenPBS works up to 32 nodes with 100s of jobs, but
doesn't scale well above that due to fault tolerance
problems. PBS Pro is in production use at sites with
thousands of CPUS, 30,000+ jobs."

You should use Scalable PBS (aka storm), it is
actually the opensource version OpenPBS but with lots
of fixes and new features. You can download it here:

http://supercluster.org/downloads/spbs/

In storm-1.0.1p3.tar.gz, you will get admin_guide.ps
in the doc/ directory. Use "ps2pdf" if you don't have
the ps reader.

Also, Gridengine is another good batch system and with
even more features. They have the pre-compiled
binaries available so you don't need to go through the
source compile process, which sometimes is a pain to
get all the dependencies. You can also give it a try:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/

Andrew.

--- prakash borade <hpcatcnc at yahoo.com> 的訊息:>
> hello
>     i am trying openpbs for the first
> time  . iam not able to get the pbs admin_guid pdf
> file ( it cannot be downloaded from their page)
>
> i don't know how to make my openpbs know all my
> nodes
>  it does'nt  lists  all my nodes in the cluster

每天都 Yahoo!奇摩
海的顏色、風的氣息、愛你的溫度,盡在信紙底圖
http://tw.promo.yahoo.com/mail_premium/stationery.html