[Beowulf] do lam and mpich go together

prakash borade hpcatcnc at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 16 08:16:48 EST 2004

hello everybody

can anybody help me to solve mt problem
i have tried mpich-1.2.5.2 implimentation of mpi

but i get the foll error for mpirun
do we req lam environment for mpirun  comand
acc to my knowld it is req for lam/mpi implementation
of mpi
can any body send me the link or doc for perfect
instalation of mpich-1.2.5.2 on cluster of 3 machine
with red hat 9.0

[mpich at tung /]$ mpirun -np 4 cpilog
It seems that there is no lamd running on this host,
which indicates
that the LAM/MPI runtime environment is not operating.
 The LAM/MPI
runtime environment is necessary for the "mpirun"
command.

Please run the "lamboot" command the start the LAM/MPI
runtime
environment.  See the LAM/MPI documentation for how to
invoke
"lamboot" across multiple machines.