[Beowulf] linuxbios

Josip Loncaric josip at lanl.gov
Thu Jan 15 16:01:22 EST 2004

Erwan Velu wrote:

>>I'm mostly interested in Linuxbios though for the controlability of
>>large clusters.
>
> Can you develop that point ? What is really intresting in such
> technologie ? Once your bios are well setup, you don't need to change it
> every day..

Setting up BIOS is a pain.  Managing 100+ machines and making sure that
they all run the same version, with the same options, and upgrading BIOS
if it isn't quite right is *tons* of fun, particularly if you need to
plug in a monitor and keyboard to do it.  By contrast, LinuxBIOS gives
you much better control (see http://www.linuxbios.org/).

Josip