[Beowulf] Wireless clusters (Bridging 802.11a)

Karen Shaeffer shaeffer at neuralscape.com
Thu Jan 15 02:20:13 EST 2004

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 09:05:24PM -0800, Jim Lux wrote:

> [...]

Hello,

I did fool around with Linux hosted 802.11b APs. It is straightforward. I
use the hostap code from:

http://hostap.epitest.fi/

works like a charm. It's actually fun stuff.

You've pointed out that these prism based systems do not support 802.11a.
Obviously a big problem for you. But, you may not be aware that the
prism chips do support the full range of operating modes, including some
obscure test modes that are not published. That hostap software supports
many of them.

Good luck,
Karen
--