[Beowulf] Schedulers for use with Scyld Version 28

Andrew Wang andrewxwang at yahoo.com.tw
Thu Jan 15 00:38:38 EST 2004

Depending on your requirements, you can choose either
gridengine (SGE) or spbs.

SGE is opensource, and is the most popular batch
system. Just ask any questions on its mailing lists
and you will get answers very quickly, the people on
the lists are helpful and friendly.

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/

SPBS is a version of OpenPBS developed by another
group of developers. It may be easier for you if you
know PBS already. ** And now SPBS is called StORM
(scalable open resource manager)

http://supercluster.org/projects/storm/

Andrew.

--- Eric R Johnson <bioinformaticist at mn.rr.com>
的訊息:
> I was wondering what the scheduler options are for
> me if I am running a
> Scyld version 28 machine.
>  From everything I am finding, it appears that I
> only have a few choices.
> 1)  at/bbq that ships with Scyld
> 2)  PBS Pro
> 3)  Clubmask/Maui
>
> I am running a very small cluster right now (16
> processors) out of a
> University lab and PBS Pro is really out of our
> price range right now.
> I would like to add more nodes to the machine, but
> scheduling jobs is
> already a problem, so I don't think that bbq is the
> right choice.  I
> have tried installing clubmask/Maui, but I ran into
> problems while
> compiling it.  I was advised that it was due to the
> age of BProc that
> ships with Scyld.  I was told that 3.2.5 is
> required.
>
> Can anybody give me some suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Eric
>
> --

>   Eric R A Johnson
>   University Of Minnesota                      tel:
> (612) 626 5115
>   Dept. of Laboratory Medicine & Pathology     fax:
> (612) 625 1121
>   7-230 BSBE                              e-mail:
> john4482 at umn.edu
>   312 Church Street                    web:
> www.eric-r-johnson.com
>   Minneapolis, MN 55455
>   USA

每天都 Yahoo!奇摩