[Beowulf] Schedulers for use with Scyld Version 28

Eric R Johnson bioinformaticist at mn.rr.com
Wed Jan 14 10:42:50 EST 2004

I was wondering what the scheduler options are for me if I am running a
Scyld version 28 machine.
 From everything I am finding, it appears that I only have a few choices.
1)  at/bbq that ships with Scyld
2)  PBS Pro
3)  Clubmask/Maui

I am running a very small cluster right now (16 processors) out of a
University lab and PBS Pro is really out of our price range right now.
I would like to add more nodes to the machine, but scheduling jobs is
already a problem, so I don't think that bbq is the right choice.  I
have tried installing clubmask/Maui, but I ran into problems while
compiling it.  I was advised that it was due to the age of BProc that
ships with Scyld.  I was told that 3.2.5 is required.

Can anybody give me some suggestions?

Thanks,
Eric

  Eric R A Johnson
  University Of Minnesota                      tel: (612) 626 5115
  Dept. of Laboratory Medicine & Pathology     fax: (612) 625 1121
  7-230 BSBE                              e-mail: john4482 at umn.edu
  312 Church Street                    web: www.eric-r-johnson.com
  Minneapolis, MN 55455
  USA