[Beowulf] Solaris on x86?

Cannon, Andrew Andrew.Cannon at nnc.co.uk
Tue Jan 13 03:40:34 EST 2004

Hi there,

We are looking to get some x86 based compute power (possibly a number of
Athlon based machines) and I was wondering if anyone has any experience of
Solaris for x86, specifically, how well does it work in a cluster? Would we
be better looking at Red Hat PW or ES or some other linux distro. The
company is not too keen on going down the ROCKS etc route and would prefer a
"mainstream" solution.

TIA.

Andy

Andrew Cannon, Nuclear Technology (J2), NNC Ltd, Booths Hall, Knutsford,
Cheshire, WA16 8QZ.

Telephone; +44 (0) 1565 843768
email: mailto:andrew.cannon at nnc.co.uk
NNC website: http://www.nnc.co.uk

NNC's UK Operating Companies : NNC Holdings Limited (no. 3725076), NNC Limited (no. 1120437), National Nuclear Corporation Limited (no. 2290928), STATS-NNC Limited (no. 4339062) and Technica-NNC Limited (no. 235856).  The registered office of each company is at Booths Hall, Chelford Road, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 8QZ except for Technica-NNC Limited whose registered office is at 6 Union Row, Aberdeen AB10 1DQ.  NNC's head office and principal address is Booths Hall and the switchboard number is 01565 633800.  The NNC website is www.nnc.co.uk

Any information or opinions in this message which do not relate to our business are not authorised by any of the above companies.  Where this message does relate to our business the content is sent to you by the relevant company (as above) and is confidential and intended for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.  The contents do not form part of any contract unless so stated.  If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the NNC system manager by email at eadm at nnc.co.uk.