[Beowulf] Recommendations for new cluster

Andrew Wang andrewxwang at yahoo.com.tw
Tue Jan 13 00:26:06 EST 2004

> Speaking of, one of the guys here was really upset
> with Sun's support
> and is leery of Grid Engine because of some issue
> with a Cobalt Rack system.

You can also pick another company to support SGE,
there are actually more than 20 for you to choose
from:

http://wwws.sun.com/software/gridware/partners/index.html

> People are going to have to go in and see how their
> jobs are progressing
> on the farm. We're talking about artists here.
> Asking them to cut off
> their arms would be easier than getting them to log
> into a shell and
> type a few commands.

A guy switched from another batch system to SGE and
wrote a very simple web GUI:

http://www.veus.hr/linux/gemonitor.html

Also, Sun has "Grid Engine Portal", but it requires
the Solaris Portal server:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/gep/GEP_Intro.html

Andrew.

每天都 Yahoo!奇摩