[Beowulf] Recommendations for new cluster

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Sat Jan 10 05:13:16 EST 2004

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, [big5] Andrew Wang wrote:

> You are not alone, Framestore CFC is doing the same
> thing. They are looking at using SGE 6.0 to replace
> Alfred.
>
> (Since you are in this graphics industry, can you tell
> me if Framestore is big? People on the sge list looked
> so excited.)

They are now the biggest post-production house in Europe,
I believe. When I worked for them they made many series for
Hallmark, the Walking with Dinosaurs series, TV adverts and
shots for many feature films. For example the tracking shot
through four seasons along the market in Notting Hill,
James Bond title sequences.

I joined the company just after the merger with Computer Film
Company.