[Beowulf] Recommendations for new cluster

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Sat Jan 10 04:59:43 EST 2004

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Rich Pickler wrote:

> In a nutshell, the questions we have:
>
> -What batch system do you recommend for our purposes (Condor, PBSPro,
> ScalablePBS, SGE)?

Over on the SGE list we've had a discussion about this over the last week.
Perhaps you could search the archives at gridengine.sunsource.net

Notably, there was a contribution from the company I used to work for,
Framestore, who are doing a similar exercise - evaluating SGE and PBS etc.
for a renderfarm.
a few other companies made controbutions.

Perhaps it would bee worth joining the SGE list and asking the question
there?

Also of interest to the rendering community, if you are thinking of
Opterons, is that there is a native x86-64 version of SGE now.