[Beowulf] Upcoming Beowulf Presentation - Help!

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Sat Jan 10 04:52:35 EST 2004

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Baker, Jeffrey wrote:

> Howdy, all...
> I've just been selected to give a presentation on 1/27 to the entire IT department about Beowulf's -- of which I know nothing about!
> I'm interested in finding out what good books or websites are out there that can get me up to "presentation speed" in short order ("Beowulfs for Dummies") ...
> So far, I've found the Beowulf history < http://beowulf.gsfc.nasa.gov/overview.html >
>  ... Beowulf FAQ < http://www.canonical.org/~kragen/beowulf-faq.txt >
>  ... and Engineering a Beowulf-style Compute Cluster < http://www.phy.duke.edu/brahma/beowulf_book/ >
>  ... all which should help tremendously.
Useful sites indeed.
In addition to these, you might look at the books:

"Beowulf Cluster Computing with Linux" , editied by Thomas Sterling.
 published by MIT Press

"Linux Clustering" by Charles Bookman, published by New Riders.

The second one is an easier introduction.

Good Luck with the presentation!