Time and synchronization, was Re: [Beowulf] ...Re: Benchmark results (fwd)

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Fri Jan 9 11:16:08 EST 2004

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 09:22:44 -0600
From: Gerry Creager N5JXS <gerry.creager at tamu.edu>
To: Robert G. Brown <rgb at phy.duke.edu>
Subject: Re: Time and synchronization,
     was Re: [Beowulf] ...Re: Benchmark results

Check http://www.synergy-gps.com/ and see what they have in their used
and refurbed sales pile for an OnCore.  There's plenty of info on NTP
using an OcCore receiver with 1pps output.

Alternately, look for Tom Clark's TAC-2 (Totally Accurate Clock) and an
OnCore board or Garmin (but the Garmin's more expensive).

Tom's reported some stellar examples of short- and long-term accuracy.

If this is interesting enough, please feel free to repost it for me.  If
not, flush it... I'm off to Seattle to act like a meteorologist for the
next week...

TTFN, gerry

Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.847.8578
Page: 979.228.0173

Seems worth it to me,

   rgb