[Beowulf] ...Re: Benchmark results

Andrew Shewmaker shewa at inel.gov
Thu Jan 8 19:12:06 EST 2004

Jim Lux wrote:

> This is along the lines of what that nifty benchmark (the name of which
> eludes me right now) that produces a graph of speed vs computation size
> does.. You can "see" the effects of cache etc as the problems space gets
> bigger. (Edward Tufte would be pleased with the results)

Are you referring to HINT?  The original Ameslab home page is gone, but
it looks like there is a mirror at http://hint.byu.edu  An example of
the memory regime graph is at
http://hint.byu.edu/tutorials/graphs/regime/regime.html

I'm sure Mr. Tufte would have some very good suggestions to improve
the graph on the above page, though.

Andrew

--
Andrew Shewmaker, Associate Engineer