[Beowulf] ...Re: Benchmark results

Andrew Shewmaker shewa at inel.gov
Thu Jan 8 19:12:06 EST 2004

Jim Lux wrote:

> This is along the lines of what that nifty benchmark (the name of which
> eludes me right now) that produces a graph of speed vs computation size
> does.. You can "see" the effects of cache etc as the problems space gets
> bigger. (Edward Tufte would be pleased with the results)

Are you referring to HINT?  The original Ameslab home page is gone, but
it looks like there is a mirror at http://hint.byu.edu  An example of
the memory regime graph is at

I'm sure Mr. Tufte would have some very good suggestions to improve
the graph on the above page, though.

Andrew Shewmaker, Associate Engineer
Phone: 1-208-526-1415
Idaho National Eng. and Environmental Lab.
P.0. Box 1625, M.S. 3605
Idaho Falls, Idaho 83415-3605