[Beowulf] Need help

Lombard, David N david.n.lombard at intel.com
Wed Jan 7 11:57:30 EST 2004

From: Maikel Punie; Wednesday, January 07, 2004 7:16 AM

> well for my final project at school i need to build a beowulf, well
i'm
> this
> far that all the node (diskless system) boot from the main node (ntfs)
and
> there config and stuff from there, the main node can see all off his
> nodes.

Congratulations!

> Now my question is whats the next step? How do i make the nodes do the
> calculations and stuff for the main node, how do i realy integrate the
> parrallel processing?

Try running an MPI or PVM-based program.  There are many such codes out
there, the biggest problem, though is "how accessible (understandable)
are the concepts to those you will present these results too?"

While somewhat mundane in terms of parallel processing, try running
POV-Ray in serial and parallel modes.   For standard POV-Ray, try
http://www.povray.org/ and for a parallel version, try
http://pvmpov.sourceforge.net/

Alternatively, look at http://chromium.sourceforge.net/

--
David N. Lombard

My comments represent my opinions, not those of Intel Corporation.